9.06.2015

On and on

Have you ever heard the song from Disney's Robin Hood called LOVE by Floyd Huddleson and George Bruns?  It is one of my favorites.  One of the lines I enjoy the most is:

Life is sweet, but when it's gone, 
Love goes on and on.

Sure, this song is about falling in love, but that last line of the song speaks to the everlasting strength of love.  Love makes us stronger, bolder, more caring, and unselfish.

Lately, I've seen a lot of hard things happen to the people I love.  And I get to worrying and wondering where I need to put my hope and faith and energy.  During these hard times, I've seen lots and lots of effort poured into supporting, helping, and strengthening these people.  I see the love.  Oh how I see love in everything these people do.  And I feel the love of God.  Jess says this is where I need to put my energy and my hope, in the power that love has in these situations and how it will carry me (the worrier) and those suffering through every thing we happen to deal with.  I think I can do that.


3 comments:

jo said...

Well said. Great advice from Jess. Love to YOU from Nebraska.

The Jeff Bylund Family said...

Thank you for this thought. Also, I must say that the cd you sent my family years ago with that song on it is a family favorite. It is a must for road trips/ long car rides, and I have the order of the songs memorized.

Jess said...

A beautiful and touching post. You are loved by one and many.