7.09.2013

Birthday fun with gazpacho

We recently celebrated Jess's birthday by visiting a good restaurant downtown.  Grandpa & Grandma watched the kidlets so we could go on our own, just the two of us (thanks!).  My favorite thing we tried was the deliciously fresh watermelon gazpacho with avocado.  I'd like to try to duplicate it in my own kitchen.  After dinner we went home and shared cake with family.  Turns out being 31 is a lot of fun (wahoo! for cheesy but very true poetry).


p.s. you will notice all kinds of paper, letters, and other such scrapes around the house in this photo.  This is our house on a regular basis, as Oliver is in the stage of creating numerous pieces each day, everyday.  I gather it up each evening and place the stuff that hasn't made it to the walls, in a pile on the counter.  I am at the point where I'll have to use the doctor's record policy, that is, only throw things out that have been around for seven years, when it comes to saving stuff.  He'll remember something that he's created two weeks after doing so, and can be bummed to discover I've thrown it out.

2 comments:

Chap said...

Your house decor is the best there is!

AnnaM said...

That reminds me of Jefferson! He loves creating art projects, and there was a time in Kindergarten where I began to fear I was going to get buried alive in all his art! I still haven't really figured out how to manage it all...