4.30.2012

Anything can go with anything

In my spare time I like to peruse the fashion scene.  I like to think that I dress fashionably, but unfortunately, I am too cheap and lazy to be at the height of fashion.  However, I do like to think in fashion terms and it's a fun past time to put together outfits with the stuff I've got in my closet.  With that said, it appears that these days just about anything can go with anything else.  Two patterns together, sure.  Three patterns together, yes!  Navy blue and black, go ahead.  Stripes on the top and on the bottom, why not!

I feel as if the fashion rules are, well, no longer fashion rules.  But isn't that the point?  Fashion is always changing and right now we are at the peak of the mantra, "wear whatever you want" and it will look good.  And I guess that is the fun of it.  Put together anything and if you're confident enough to pull it off, you can.  I suppose I can subscribe to such style, and even though I am drawn to black, navy blue, and gray, the fashion cloud is making me want to attempt a royal blue or a salmon.  Plus, the models in the latest j.crew style guide have bed head, and while I was in shock when I first saw it, I realized it was something I could easily latch onto, seeing as my hair looks similar on many days of the week.

photo from j.crew

No comments: