2.17.2011

A whole week gone by

A lot can happen in a week, yes?

Valentine's Day came and went as we dealt with some usual winter malady. I didn't get a chance to make the Boston Creme pie I had been planning, and I gave Jess his Valentine's gift without any fanfare or a card (which is a great tragedy in my book). It was too bad too, cause he really did deserve a rockin' V-day. Instead, while I lay getting better in bed, the guy stayed home, watched Oliver, and worked 10+ hours. This guy deserves 20 Boston Creme pies!

A couple of days later, I was feeling quite a bit better but still not feeling like heavy foods. Still, I was eager to make something. Cue the chocolate swirl bread.

4 hours later, the smells of this baked good filled the house. Plus, I don't have a mixer, so I think I burned off more calories making the dough than I did eating two pieces. Let's just say that if I had to make this stuff everyday, I would have the forearms of Popeye.

And I missed bp's science, even though I had something planned. I was going to mention the science of a kiss:
A kiss activates a neurotransmitter in your body called dopamine. This neurotransmitter has many different roles, one of them being responsible for that sense of elation you get when you kiss someone. The nerves in your lips also send signals to your limbic system which is the part of the brain that processes feelings of love. Powerful stuff!

And I found this jewel amongst our things the other day. My first Valentine's Day card to Jess, 2001. Ahh, the memories.

3 comments:

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

gLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE ON THE MEND.

Chap said...

we have sold a lot of tamiflu this year, usually to people who come to the pharmacy with a mask around their neck (rather than over their mouth and nose)...those are the times I say hurrah for hand sanitizer!

AnnaM said...

Sorry to hear you ended up with the flu as well :(. That bread looks delicious! How hard is it to make? I am very intimidated by bread, but Grant LOVES homemade bread, so I want to learn to make it.