7.30.2010

visiting the homebase

Might I take a moment and tell you just how much I enjoy going back to the place where I grew up? Thanks.

Seeing family is the best, hands down. Then there's the dry heat and the cool nights which are wonderful. The grass that's barefeet worthy, the beautiful mountain view, and the highway traffic that moves fast are definite pluses. I took my dad's truck to run an errand the other day. Both windows were down, my hair was blowing everywhere, ahhhh. Then we went down to visit Jess' family's place. There I sat in a lawn chair and watched as Oliver played in a kiddie pool, Jess got in too, and then his brother turned on the hose and sprayed cold water on him. Good times.

So much good times, not much time to get to the blog. That's probably a good thing. For all of you out there that are saddened that bp's science was missed this week and may be missed again (I'm guessing that's about 2, maybe 2.4, of you), it will be here when I return from my visit.

And apologies for the lack of photos, said computer is broken and we've yet to get a new one.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm glad you're having fun but we sure miss you here!

jeffbylund said...

I'm glad you had a good trip. It is always nice to go home.

jeffbylund said...

That last comment was actually from me, Tammy. :)

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Are you still in UT? I'd love to see you. We'll be at my parents tomorrow nad Monday. If you're here come by.

kel said...

so glad to hear it was a good trip. indeed, being away makes home that much better.

Chap said...

I've loved hearing about your time at home, about Oliver singing at bedtime, and standing in the baby pool, and walking for blocks and blocks, and all the fun you all are having, thanks for going to Utah!

Christine

Unknown said...

I'm echoing Lindsay's comment. If you're still in town I'd love to see you guys

Jess said...

Happy Anniversary, my dear

jo said...

So glad of the homebase visit. I miss the dry, the grass, the shade that's actually cool. All those things your mentioned in your post plus you guys. Wish I could be there with you.