4.07.2010

A Review: The Princess Bride


This book is very clever, funny, and quite enjoyable. If you enjoyed the movie, you'll definitely get a kick out of the book. I have never been able to read a book that I've seen the movie of beforehand, but this is the exception! The Princess Bride novel has so many hilarious additions and differences that it's worth the read. My husband has never seen the (full) movie and he loved the book (he read it in two days). I wonder what he'll think of the film. I'm sure he'll enjoy.

3 comments:

jo said...

I'm so glad you liked it! Definitely one of my favorites as well.

Next task... Pride & Prejudice. Ha ha, just kidding.

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

I agree! I loved this book. Didn't you like the differences in the pit of despair in that it had different phases and rooms? What a fun read! Glad to see you enjoyed it too!

kel said...

i'm a big fan too. the fact that you can read the book after seeing the film and still enjoy the book says a lot for the book. i've read it twice now and i'll probably read it several more times in the future. i'm amazed Jess hasn't seen the whole film. inconceivable! i bet he'll like it.