4.21.2010

I don't blame you

I know bp's science certainly isn't drawing anyone to this blog. When I thought up the idea, I imagined Today interviews and syndicated column postions coming my way, "Ashley, so you started by just writing one scientific fact on your blog a week and now you are known as the science lady of America." Hey, I like to imagine sometimes, okay?

No, it's not the science. What you really want, what you really come here for, is the latest and greatest of our lives. I know because I've been told as much. I don't blame you. It's part of why I look at blogs too. Still, I like to read a good post even if there aren't any photos. But that's just me. And since I pretty much use the internet to pay bills, read email, and blog, I've got time to read those lengthy posts. Most blog readers aren't like that. Or so I'm told.

So, to combat any fatigue you may feel from science Tuesday, here are a few quick pics coupled with updates.

This kid is growing lots. So much so that I can't stay on top of keeping him clothed with proper sized clothes. One evening I realized all of his pjs were too small, so I had to make-do with odds and ends for pjs. Needless to say, I've since made a shopping trip (and only had to return two items because they were too small for him).


He is now starting to feed himself a little. This happened just today. I thought he had eaten a good portion of a cornbread muffin. Turns out, 3/4 of it was in his lap. Still, success!


This guy is loving the outdoors. He seems to be very curious about most of everything. He's still working on getting used to the feeling of grass though. This walking with the stroller is a fun time.


And Jess and I are loving the outdoors too. We've had a chance to visit some neat places and do some neat things together. I've got to tell you, I dig this guy. I'm lovin' both. And with that, it's an official family blog post.


8 comments:

jo said...

I see O has adopted the Cookie Monster approach to eating.

I have to admit, I do envy him. I've occasionally caught myself wishing I didn't have to worry about cuisine ending up in my lap rather than in my mouth. Takes a certain amount of self confindence, that. Nice work.

Natalie said...

What a little cutie! We need to get together again soon!

Holley @ Lunges and Lashes said...

i am not knocking science tuesdays, but i do love the family post. i admit, those are my fav.

his hair is looking styling! looks like you have been keeping it trimmed!

Annie said...

i like your science posts...in fact, just the other day i filled ladd in on the wooden spoon theory while he made spaghetti:) but of course i love the pics of your little fam even more. keep 'em coming!

kel said...

i'm a fan of both kinds of posts so keep them up. you can't beat a photo of a cute little kid though. it's the trump card. :)

James said...

I was beginning to wonder if you even loved your husband and son at all...just kidding. I am glad to see some pics though. Wow, that little guy is getting big. We must make this getting together business work out and soon!

Also am a fan of those science gal posts. I wouldn't give up on Today quite yet. My grandma had one of those lamps. Glad to know the facts behind the magic.

english said...

all-RIGHT! walking Oliver. looks like he's ready for the tractor pull. push?

Chap said...

I love all of your posts!

Here's a suggestion for a future post: a little video of the boy wonder walking! (please)

love from one of his adoring grandmas