3.26.2010

Peak Bloom

This year I've been waiting for the go-ahead from the Cherry Blossom Festival Bloom Watch folks. I want to go down early one morning, before all of the crowds, and show Oliver the beauty of the bloom. Ever since Jess and I spent an unexpected early March morning downtown amidst the trees, that's how I prefer to see the cherry blossoms, with practically no one else around.

Here's a photo of us enjoying the bloom three years ago. Do we look three years younger? Probably. But it sure doesn't feel like I'm three years older.

1 comment:

kel said...

i'd love to see the famous cherry blossoms of DC someday. getting there early to aviod the crowds is a brilliant idea. it's kind of like going to the BBQ Fest (here in Reno) for lunch on the very first day... no crowds, plenty of BBQ.