12.01.2009

It's Christmas time in the city

We picked up our Christmas tree this weekend. Choosing a tree was lots of fun. Every time I'd pull on a little trunk to check the height of the tree, I'd be taken back to my childhood. In early December, I'd go with my dad and siblings, usually around dusk, to pick out a tree from the local spot.

The smell of fresh pine is really the best.

Ready for the drive home

Once back at homebase, we took the Christmas tree for a ride in the elevator.

O Tannenbaum in the elevator

Let the festivities begin. Let us continue to be thankful and grateful. It's Christmas time.

3 comments:

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

I can't help but laugh at the pic in the elevator! Love it! Great way to capture the beauty of the city expereince. :)Love the tree!

jo said...

I'm jealous of your fresh pine smell. What a great Christmas addition. Now all you have to add is a few rounds of "'round and 'round the Christmas tree" Lawrence Welk style.:)

kel said...

get that Osmonds Christmas album a-playin'. may i recommend Old Fashioned Christmas?