10.04.2009

Living High(rise) on Life

So we did it, we live in a highrise. When the leasing agent asked me what floor I wanted to live in I answered, with the thought that I'd like to be able to climb the stairs to my home, "As low a floor as possible." To which he responded, "Wow, that's the first time I've ever heard that." So why do people want to live so high? Joe went on to explain to me that it's safer, further away from noise, and has a great view. And with the required floorplan only available on certain floors, we found ourselves in the double digits.

Living in a highrise is a little different from living in a basement. Wait, a lot different, starting with the amount of natural light we get to enjoy. Plus there's a rubbish shoot for your trash. Yep, a rubbish shoot. Does anyone else find that interesting/odd/curious? A great idea.

7 comments:

Da said...

There's definitely plenty of pluses living in an apt and all the amenities that come along with it. Enjoy it and post lots of photos :D

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

Post a pic. How many floors are in the building? What floor are you on? Can you put anything down the rubbish shoot? What a perk! Glad you're settled.

kel said...

don't forget cell phone freedom. ha ha! i also await a photo...

jo said...

A rubbish shoot? Ok, now I'm really jealous.

Not to mention the light and cell phone freedom.

When can I move in [said in my best sitcom voice followed by laughing track]?

Natalie said...

Lol! I want to see your new place. Pictures please! I love the rubbish shoot. The first building we lived in in Maryland had one but we were on the first floor so we didn't get to use it. I felt cheated.

Chap said...

Is that life in the fast lane?

Jess said...

Rubbish chute = life in the fast lane. I like that.