4.05.2008

I was supposed to get a haircut

At 8:00am this morning I got on the metro, traveled to the salon, heard my name called, and stood in surprised silence as they told me they'd overbooked appointments while offering me a certificate for a free haircut because of the mistake. I'll admit, I was a bit disappointed... okay, a lot disappointed. I said a few, lame, in-the-moment-of-annoyance things, one of which included, "This type of thing wouldn't have happened if we didn't live in a big city." When my husband appropriately responded, "Yeah, and we wouldn't be able to go to any of the neat, free, renowned museums around here either." I got the gist.

We ended up making the most of our trip, walking to the tidal basin, enjoying the cherry blossoms in the pleasant weather without the crowds of people. It was a great time.

And with that, I share a few little things like the cherry blossoms that add to life, even when someone overbooks and you're the one they bump.
Chocolate bunny (never had one before until this year)

New $7 skirt (screamin' deal)

National Gallery of Art (for free)


5 comments:

Janice said...

That happened to me once and I cried. I was so looking forward to a haircut, dentist husband was watching toothsome #1 and it was supposed to be an hour of fun pampering. No luck. I feel your pain.

kel said...

that is such a pain! i know what it's like to have to travel to get a good haircut. plus it makes you feel like a lower class or something when they tell you you're the one who doesn't get the haircut today. but free is always good (just don't let the person who is cutting your hair know it's for free) and maybe it's for a reason. maybe the person you were scheduled with would have totally messed up that day - being overbooked and all. and now you can spend the haircut money on some fancy product!

jo said...

Man, I know what you mean. Not getting a haircut when you've been looking forward to it is the pits. But a free haircut, now there's a deal, much like that awesome skirt you got for an excellent deal.

If I had to evaluate this situation, I'd say you've come out on top! The fates are with you, Ash my friend.

The Jeff Bylund Family said...

Cute skirt! Did you see Ang when she went to the cherry blossom festival? We found out that we got into Vanderbilt and Wakeforest today; so maybe we will live a little closer!

Natalie said...

I would be ticked too. Once I get my heart set on getting a hair cut it's pretty much all I can think about. And how did they just "overbook" anyways? Couldn't they have at least called you tell you before you were all the way there? Where do you get your hair cut anyways?