1.04.2008

This Christmas I showered before we opened the gifts

I'm not sure what this signifies, but I must say I felt fairly foolish as I sat amongst the pajama-ed bodies, enjoying the I - just - woke - up - and - am - now - enjoying - opening - presents feeling. I was reminded of my dad, who, many years, took a shower before we opened all of our presents. I remember thinking to myself during those times, "Wow, dad is patient!" But, this year, it was the people who were waiting for me to finish my shower before opening presents who were patient. Still, I felt clean and fresh (kinda like the feeling you get when you look at the pic to your left) and had a wonderful time. Next year, I'm not sure I'll shower before gifts, but it's not all that bad really.

3 comments:

jo said...

I'm very impressed, indeed! Way to go. I have a new respect for you because of this deed [insert bow of respect here].

Janice said...

Dentist husband always showers before we open presents. I don't.

MollyEmma said...

Ash! It's your Brighton 7th friend Nichole Gaisford. How strange, you would say, that I found you on here...well, I found you commenting on Kyle Metcalf's page. He's one of my good friends.
How are you?? Where are you??