1.12.2008

It's runny nose season

I caught a cold this past week and have been suffering the symptoms ever since, one of which is a continually running nose. Another of which is not being able to taste food. On Friday, my lunch consisted of a chocolate muffin (which I don't usually get the opportunity to eat since I don't hold a membership to any mega-superstores that carry these type of muffins, and only had the opportunity because a friend gave it to me the previous day), a Whips orangesicle yogurt, and a Gala apple. Here is what each tasted like as I snacked on one or the other throughout the day.

Egg shell mattress with a tinge of chocolate



Unscented hair mousse



Dense styrafoam with 1 tbsp diluted apple cider

7 comments:

jo said...

Oh no! What a cryin' shame... especially the Whips!

And the chocolate muffin! Even with a tinge of chocolate, I can't imagine that eggshell foam mattress is any good.

Jess said...

Don't worry, the orangesicle whips tastes like orange flavored fluoride. Don't get me wrong, flavored fluoride is pretty sweet when you go to the dentist's office but it is not something you want your yogurt to remind you of.

Janice said...

Oh, so sorry. I once at Totellini with a cold and it was so gross without flavor, I couldn't eat it for another year or so.

Janice said...

Thanks for the clarification Jess. Those who live by a husband in Dentistry appreciate it.

kel said...

losing your sense of taste is such a bummer - even if it's just temporary. and i know how much you appreciate a chocolate muffin. hopefully it won't be long...

The Jeff Bylund Family said...

Ash,
I like the new Boiled Pizza logo. Also, I hope you get feeling better soon!

Angie said...

I love this post. Very impressive skill for description, Ash. As melhores. That means "betters" in portuguese. They say that to mean get well soon. I wish we had a word like that.