11.28.2007

Christmas tunes to enjoy

I spent the greater part of the Friday after Thanksgiving at work. It wasn't all that bad, but to lighten the mood of the ghost town office halls and the air vent buzz, I tuned into a Christmas music station via the internet. The music worked wonders. I analyzed data to O Holy Night, Have a Holly Jolly Christmas, and the Hallelujah Chorus. It was like a Christmas wonderland in office 1357 - plus a computer, some research, and fluorescent lights. Here's some of what I like to listen to during Christmas:
  • two albums my sister gave me a couple of years ago, filled with everything from Brenda Lee to the Madeleine Choir School
  • Osmond Christmas Album (a childhood favorite)
  • Harry Connick Jr.'s When My Heart Finds Christmas
  • Manheim Steamroller (the earlier albums the better)

4 comments:

Janice said...

I have a John Rutter one that I love and just today, I listened to Harry Connick. And, just because it reminds me of my BYU days, we listen to a lot of "A Special Christmas" and "A Very Special Christmas II"

jo said...

did you hear brooke has a new album? he said he'd be sending it along soon. dad says there's a version of the little drummer boy that he likes on it! Go figure!

Janice said...

We have it and it is really good.

kel said...

good old Mannheim. that's the stuff. i think my favorite Osmond's Christmas song is It Never Snows in L.A. but then there's If Santa Were My Daddy... oh, and Old Fashioned Christmas... there are just too many great ones!