10.23.2007

Like a Knight in Shining Armor

When my sister got married, she hired a video artist to record the festivities, edit the footage, then put it to music my sister and her husband provided. The video was good stuff and when my sister got her CDs back, she got a little extra. She got a CD back that wasn't hers. How did she know it wasn't hers? Well, it was Peter Cetera's Solitude/Solitaire album, that's how she knew. Somehow, the album ended up with me. Probably because I hardly had any CDs and accepting one that no one particularly wanted increased my CD ownership by 20%. I kept it through college and pulled it out every once and a while, to show friends and family the intensity of the cover or to listen to the song from Karate Kid (Glory of Love) in order to bring back the memory of Daniel-son and his girlfriend from the rich neighborhood. Now out of college, I've pulled it out again, and let's just say, I've listened to it more than once, enough to hear his brother's faint yet rockin' backup vocals.

2 comments:

Janice said...

I am the man who will fight for your honor. I am the hero, you've been searching for . . . Great memories.

Jess said...

Hey Pete, this is your old band Chicago. You think just because you have Danny boy on your side you you are better than us now? Yeah, well we don't need your passe Aaron Neville falsetto and ridiculous lyrics. We got our horns man and if you ever try to dis' us again we will Cobra Kai you back to the eighties (may they rest in peace).